Our Arlington Bankruptcy Lawyer Has Served Since 1983
Attorney Marilyn D. Garner began her career in bankruptcy law at Moore and Peterson, P.C., a respected Dallas law firm. Following a 1989 merger, she began working at the Dallas branch of the influential Wall Street bankruptcy firm Weil, Gotshal and Manges. Attorney Garner later worked as a senior attorney advisor at the Office of the United States Bankruptcy Trustee. In 1998, Attorney Garner opened her own private practice based in Arlington, Texas.
Attorney Garner is deeply involved in her community, serving in a variety of roles and capacities at different times over the years, such as:
- President of the Dallas Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Director of Legal Services of North Texas
- Director of the Nexus Recovery Center in Dallas
- Board member for the Metro Charter Academy of Arlington
- Director and officer for Arlington New Beginnings, a non-profit organization that provides supportive housing for elderly Arlington residents
Today, the Law Office of Marilyn D. Garner serves North Texas communities including Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Mansfield, Bedford, and Cedar Hill. We remain committed to giving each client caring and knowledgeable legal counsel for their unique debt situation, believing that everyone deserves another chance for a new beginning. With more than 30 years of legal experience, Attorney Garner continues to help men and women from every background experience renewed financial hope and freedom in the midst of challenging circumstances.